Friday, April 15, 2016

M is for Moral

You'll find as you read that some books have a clear message or moral to impart. If done delicately, the moral will get through to the reader without him knowing it has happened. This is the ideal way to get your message across; no one wants to be pounded over the head with platitudes and commands. But it's easier said than done, of course. So how do you put a message in your book without being obvious? Let's ask the Tarot!

Today's Tarot deck is The Gilded Tarot. Here are a couple of sample cards from the deck:

Gilded-Tarot-7 

Gilded-Tarot-4 

Images courtesy of Aeclectic Tarot

I asked how I'd need to structure and write my book in order to get my message across without being obvious; how I could do it with subtlety. The card I drew is the King of Swords.

This card tells me I have the intelligence and confidence to write a book to get across my message. So when I write, I have to feel comfortable sharing my beliefs. But I must be careful not to come across as a snob. I have to give others credit for being intelligent also, rather than assuming they need the message spelled out to them in single-syllable words. If I speak to them on an equal level, they'll understand my message without any pain.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Visiting from A to Z. The cards are beautiful. I agree, no one likes to have a moral pounded into them. Let the reader find it for themselves through the story.

http://juliesreadingroom.blogspot.com/2016/04/m-martian.html

Elizabeth Delisi said...

Exactly, Julie!

Paginas Incriveis said...

Thanks ffor a great read