Friday, October 29, 2004

Unexpected Events and How They Shape Life

I keep waiting for the day I have an entirely normal day. You know, the kind of day where everything goes right, you feel great, you get a lot done, you have a relaxing evening with your significant other and get a great night's sleep. All is right with the world. Based on the law of averages, though, a "normal" day is pretty abnormal.

Today is no exception. Was planning an out-of-town trip today, but when the phone rang at 6 a.m. and I could hear my 8 month old grandson screaming before I heard his mom (my daughter) say hello, I knew "normal" was going out the window. Poor little kid is sick and so the daycare won't take him, but my daughter has to work. So, "Nana" cancelled her out-of-town plans to stay home and play nursemaid, chauffeur, and of course Nana. He's got a throat infection, we discovered after a first-thing doctor visit. Now, fortified with formula, antibiotics, and ibuprofen, he's napping. For a nice long time, I hope! If I'm going to be home, I might as well get some work done. ;-)

So, what's a "normal" day like for YOU? Or do you ever get one?

Liz, signing off from the world of abbie-normal...

No comments: