Monday, September 11, 2017

Guest Blogger Nancy Barone


My guest blogger today is Nancy Barone, author of "Lullaby for My Sister." Here’s the blurb for her story:


When Valentina and Lucy Mancino’s mother died, and their father turned to alcohol to cope, Valentina quickly understood it was up to her to run the household and take care of her little sister. But Valentina was only nine years old. And when their new stepmother moved in, along with her two sons, Val also knew things were about to change for the worse.

Fifteen years later, while Lucy is failing in life, Val is running a successful career, but she’s also hiding a terrible secret. She soon discovers that her former home is suppressing secrets of its own—many unspeakable truths that are dying to be told.

And here's my interview with Nancy:



Q: Tell us a little about yourself and what inspired you to become a writer.

A: I've always liked to tell stories, so I guess this was the natural outcome. I love to read and watch movies, which helps, too!

Q: Tell us what "Lullaby For My Sister" is about.

A: It's about two young sisters who find themselves orphaned and practically raising themselves despite the difficulties. But naturally, it is never that simple, especially when the real world comes knocking at their door.

Q: If you were casting the movie version of "Lullaby for My Sister," who would you choose for the
leading roles?

A: Aidan Turner. The character was built around him, as are most of my male leads. For the sisters, they would have to be of Italian descent, which is paramount for the story.

Q: Are you an outliner or do you write by the seat of your pants?

A: Definitely an outliner!

Q: If you weren’t a writer, what would you be?

A: An actress, possibly for the theatre.

Q: Tell us about a hidden talent you have that most people don’t know about.

A: I used to draw when I was younger- mostly faces, and hugging couples- perhaps that was the first stage of my love for stories?

Q: What’s your favorite comfort food?

 A: Reese's pieces peanut butter cups. Or Ricotta ice-cream. Or Tiramisu. Or… well, you get the idea. I've a sweet tooth!

Q: What’s your favorite non-writer-related website?

A: Anything on Aidan Turner- I'm obsessed!

To find out more about Nancy Barone and her books, visit these links:

http://nancybarone.com/
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=nancy+barone
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=nancy+barone

Liz: Thank you for being my guest, Nancy.

Nancy: Thank you for having me, Liz!
 

  

No comments: