Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday Gripes 6/14/10

Okay, I've missed a few gripes and happies. Sometimes life interferes.

So I'm set with a cervical cortisone shot. That's the happy part. (And the worry part, as I try not to think about needles. Oy.)

It's not till mid-July--that was the earliest opening they had. That's the gripe. Another month to hang on and try to fight the pain. But at least I'm on track for getting some relief in the not-too-distant future.

In the meantime, I'm bonding with Koko, my parakeet. He's a little nut. He loves to imitate whistles, and he's trying hard to talk. He's quite an acrobat, hanging upside down from the roof of his cage and climbing everywhere.

Lately, when I take out his seed cup in the morning to refill it, he jumps on and comes along for the ride. To make sure I fill it properly, I guess! Here's a photo of him.



Okay, I guess he pretty much looks the same in every photo. Maybe I should tell him to put on a different suit or comb his hair differently next time...

My biggest gripe, connected to the wait for the shot, is that I can't knit. And that's just a sample of the things I can't do right now, because of the pain. I can't go grocery shopping (luckily I have a terrific husband who's jumped in to do it), can't drive any great distance, can't even stand up or walk for long due to the pain. Sitting on the couch with my arm resting on my middle and my wrist resting on the laptop is the only comfortable position.

Well, no, I lied. There's another comfortable position, but that's with my right arm draped over the top of my head, so it's not good for much!

Anyway, I hope this will all be over after the shot, and then I can think up new things to gripe about. In the meantime, wishing you all a gripe-free day.

No comments: