Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Happies 5/28/10

Well, I'm definitely happy that yesterday is over. Had two MRIs, one on my neck and the other on my shoulder. The shoulder one was flat-out torture, and made me realize the Spanish Inquisition would have loved to have an MRI machine...

But now the diagnosis part can begin. I hope to receive a call from my doctor today if I'm very, very lucky (or Tuesday if I'm not) with word on where we go from here. One step at a time is the best we can do...as long as there are no steps back, I'm happy.

I'm delighted it's such a lovely day here today, lower 70s, sunny and gorgeous. Perfect weather for me, not too hot and not too cold.

Our tomatoes are hanging in there after surviving a late frost. They still look a little peeved, but I hope they get past it and prosper. The zucchini and basil has sprouted, nothing yet on the oregano. That might be a bust.

A lovely three-day weekend to look forward to, and that certainly makes me happy. I can use the rest and relaxation!

I'm able to knit despite the shoulder pain, though usually only one row at a time. But one row is better than none at all. And if I work with the laptop on my lap while sitting on the couch, I can get my work done as well. Another thing to be thankful for.

And I guess I'm just happy to be alive. Things could be a lot worse than they are now, I keep reminding myself. Hard to see the silver lining through a haze of pain, but it's definitely there.

What are you planning for the Memorial Day holiday weekend? Something fun, I hope!

No comments: