Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Happies 5/21/10

Well, let's see what I'm happy about today. I'm happy the doctor visit is over. No diagnosis yet, just a shot, some pills, and an upcoming MRI. At least I'm on the road to feeling better.

I'm excited about the two hour finale of Lost on Sunday. Not happy it's ON Sunday, mind you...I would rather they'd put it in the regular time slot. And I'm not happy the series is ending...though it has been getting more and more confusing as time goes on. But I've hung in there. I just hope they finish things up somehow, with if not concrete answers, at least big, huge hints. ;-)

How many of you have followed Lost since the start? Show of hands. Okay, one, two, three, four... Fine. And now, how many understand what the heck is going on? Hands? Anyone?

Uh huh. I thought so.

At the start, when Lost was a show about plane crash survivors trying to figure out a way to live until rescue came on what seemed to be a mysterious, possibly dangerous island. And that story was compelling, and almost believable. The characters and their interactions were the focus, and I really enjoyed getting to know them and see how their relationships developed.

But the farther we went, the more bizarre and unbelievable it became with many added characters, story lines, and time lines. And while I feel I've come to know who the people are for the most part, and some of their background, and even though I'm a fan of anything paranormal, I don't get the bottom line: why is this island so terribly weird? Why are Jacob and the smoke monster there, and what does this dang piece of tropical real estate have that requires it to be protected at the cost of so many innocent lives?

Anyone with answers, please post. It would make my Friday even happier!

No comments: