Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Happies 4/30/10

Today is a gorgeous spring day, sunny, warm, flowers blooming. It's hard to NOT be in a good mood on such a day. Even with all the shopping I had to do and errands I had to run.

And after yesterday's shopping debacle (looking for jeans and shorts and...um...certain unmentionables) and not finding anything I liked that fit me, and going into a grumpy fit of depression--well, today was indeed a glorious day as I found some of everything! Jeans ordered online, shorts and the other item purchased in-store. So I'm a happy camper.

I brought Koko home a new toy and he was playing with it within minutes of putting it in his cage. That's very gratifying--have had pets in the past that look at the toys you bring them, then look at you as if to say, "Are you nuts? You expect me to play with THAT?" So I'm happy Koko is easily amused.

This will be a working weekend, but it IS a weekend so there will be relaxation also. And NEXT weekend, Mother's Day weekend, I'll go with my daughters to the annual Sheep & Wool Festival, and come home with much new yarn to fawn over. Whoopee! Can't wait. It's my favorite yearly Mother's Day activity.

For all you mothers out there...how do YOU like to celebrate your special day?

No comments: