Monday, December 27, 2004

The Peaceful Aftermath

Christmas is over now, the presents opened, wrappings discarded, items with "some assembly required" have been laboriously assembled, batteries inserted, food consumed, and eyes are now glazed. Now is the time to sit back and relax and be thankful for how lucky we are, and to remember there are many who are less fortunate.

So, how was your Christmas? Did you spend it with family or with friends? What did you have for dinner? Any special presents given or received? Or, do you celebrate another holiday this time of year, or nothing at all?

I'm trying to get back into the swing of work before the next holiday weekend comes, New Year's. I can't say I put as much effort into that one as I do into Christmas, but I do stay up till midnight, watch the big ball come down in Times Square, and blow my little noisemaker horn, thus terrifying the dog and offending the cat, while saying "rabbit!" shortly before and after midnight, to have good luck the whole year through. Hey, it's a tradition, right? ;-)

What kind of holiday traditions do you and your family or friends observe? I'd love to hear about them!

Liz

2 comments:

Elizabeth Delisi said...

Hi Debby,

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Glad you enjoy it! Christmas this year will be quite different for us, as we've moved away from our kids and grandkids (hubby's job took us away), so it will be just him and me under the tree. ;-) There will be lots of phone calls, I know, and possibly visiting with my family, some of whom live nearby. But I'll sure miss seeing the grandchildren dive into their presents!

So what are YOUR holiday traditions? Hope your holidays are happy also!

Anonymous said...

Liz,
This is our first year as empty nesters as our youngest of three is off to college. No grandkids yet although our daugher got married in May. The older son is working clear across the US from us but both sons will be home for Christmas. We always go skiing during the Christmas week. Even though our daughter is married this year, she and her new husband plan to join us all on our ski trip so I am anticipating a great time. Thanks for asking. Happy Holidays!