Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Windows 8.1 and Me

Every time I get good and comfortable with a computer and operating system, I find I need a new one. It takes forever to transfer all the important files to the new computer, lots of research to find out which of my favorite programs will work on the new system, and even such things as learning to type on a different keyboard with a different feel.

I’ve heard learning something new is good for your brain. I’ve also heard stress is bad for your brain. So what if you have a little of each? Do they balance out?

What has been your experience with new computers? New software? Windows 8.1? Any tricks or tips?

2 comments:

Kim Cox said...

That is so true, Liz. I just bought a new computer with Windows 8.1. It takes some getting used to and right now we have a love/hate relationship going on. I've only had mine a couple of months and can't think of any tricks yet. There is one thing. If yours is wireless and your old computer is wireless you can turn on/sign on to both computers and access files through your internet provider connection since they are on the same network.

Elizabeth Delisi said...

Oh, that's a good idea, Kim. I don't know how networking works, though. Both old and new computers are wireless. Any tips on how to do it? Thanks!