Monday, November 17, 2014

Grumpy Monday

Who’s sick of winter already? Let’s see a show of hands!

Maybe it’s just a question of adapting, but these miserable near-freezing temps, endless rain and gray, gray skies are getting me down. Yes, I’m lucky that I don’t have to go out in it any farther than the mailbox, and for that I give thanks. But the weather outdoors seems to make the indoors more miserable than usual.

Anyone else notice that? It may be the same temperature inside, thanks to central heating, as on a sunny day, but when it’s nasty outside, it feels colder and damper than when the sun is out.

And although I’d rather drive in rain than snow, somehow snow falling is a cheerful thing to witness from inside a warm house, whereas rain is just…blah at best.

The only good thing about such a gloomy day is cozying up with a knitted shawl, sweater or cowl (or maybe all!) and a nice hot cup of tea. Sounds like the right idea, so off I go!

2 comments:

Kim Cox said...

I am definitely tired of winter already as I wasn't ready for it to start anyway. Snowing outside right now. My brother-in-law just called and said it was like a small blizzard outside tonight. Didn't think we were supposed to get anything much either. And I'm supposed to go to the next down over for work tomorrow morning. Oh well, looks like I will need to reschedule. Hugs and stay warm. Kim

Elizabeth Delisi said...

Definitely reschedule, better safe than sorry! We got lucky and avoided snow, but it did rain ALL DAY and was cold and nasty. Brrr.