Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday Gripes, 11/15/10

Another gray day today. I don’t think it causes my anxiety and worry, but it sure complements it.

I am SO sick of feeling anxious and terrified and worried about things that either don’t deserve worry, or that can’t be controlled. I want to be strong. I want to be tough. I want to be happy. Not hysterically happy…just calm, pleasant, relaxed. I’d gladly give up those infrequent glorious highs in order to get rid of the frequent depressing lows. No question.

I wonder why mornings are so rough. Maybe it’s because during the day, I worry for  a while and either finally make peace, or just run out of adrenaline. Whereas when I’ve just woken up, it all hits me anew after a night of peaceful sleep.

(sigh) Oh well. I’m still in there swinging, and that’s something.

Got my mom moved up to my sister’s place over the weekend. I wasn’t allowed to do much because of my back, so I did small things and paced a lot. Winking smile She’s moved in now, not unpacked of course. That will take time. But the hardest part is done.

Regardless of all my worries, I’m so grateful for my husband, my children, my grandchildren, my parents and my sister. Family is one of the best things you can have in this world, and I hit the jackpot with mine. Definitely something to counteract the woes!

What are YOU grateful for in your life?

No comments: