Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday Gripes 8/30/10

It's hot here. 90+ degrees. And we all know how much I love heat, right? NOT. I am perpetually thankful for the invention of air conditioning. Thank you, oh wise inventor, whoever you may be.

But even before the heat hit today, I woke up feeling really blue. No particular reason...just, that's what I got today in the dice-roll of life. (sigh) After a few hours moping around in my bathrobe, I'm finally up and doing fine. I don't know why mornings are so hard. They ARE getting better, but darn it, I just want everything to be happy. Is that so much to ask?

So I'm still working at the happiness-creating. Chocolate works sometimes. Knitting works once in a while. Music can work. Having my husband here, or some other family member, definitely helps. Koko the parakeet helps too! Even though he doesn't know it.

I just have to find the way to inspire myself to TRY those things when morning seems like it's not worth facing. Because some days, lying in bed until I fall back to sleep seems like the only reasonable option.

What do YOU do when you want to improve your mood? All suggestions gratefully considered!

No comments: