Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Happies 8/27/10

As soon as I opened my eyes and saw the sun shining, that was my first "happy." We needed the rain--heck, we need more--but the gloomy, damp weather really affects my mood.

I'm looking forward to my daughter coming over this evening after work for a night of pizza, movies and knitting. I'm so happy to have a good relationship with all my kids, especially my girls. It just makes me pleased as punch to know they like me and actually want to spend time with me!

I'm delighted that my husband will be back tomorrow from his backpacking trip. I know he loves the outdoors and the more strenuous the hike, the more he seems to like it. So I don't begrudge him his outings. But I'm sure happy when he comes home.

And lastly, today seems to be spiderweb day. I have seen not one, but two perfect ones today. One is between the arm and back of the rocking chair on the porch. Must be made by a small spider as the silk is quite delicate, nearly invisible. I have avoided sitting on the rocker as I don't want to ruin it. Sooner or later, it will have to go; but for now I just enjoy the artistry.

I found a second perfect spiderweb over the license plate on the back of my car. It could have been made by the first spider's sister...very similar. Unfortunately, a little of it was pulled off when I opened the trunk to stow my groceries, but most of it is still intact.

There are so many small things in nature that hold such beauty, if we would not only take time to see them, but take time to FIND them, which isn't always easy. The next time you go out, look at your world from a different angle--kneel down, or tilt your head, or look way up or straight down. I bet you'll find something awesome you didn't know was there!

No comments: