Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday Happies 5/14/10

Once again, I skipped my Monday gripes because I was in a very happy mood and Monday was a lovely day. However, TODAY I have a gripe! Naturally. It's my stupid shoulder and the ever-increasing pain it's giving me. I'm seeing the orthopedic doctor the first week in June, and in the meantime, sleeping is getting increasingly difficult. So I'm likely to be grumpy all the time until then. Fortunately, during the day I can find ways to work with it or ignore it.

But I do have a fun weekend to look forward to, and that's my happy for today. I'm headed up to my sister's house tonight, and tomorrow we're going, along with two of her friends, to the WEBS Tent Sale.

If you're not a knitter, you won't know what WEBS is. Well, it's the biggest yarn store I've ever seen, with a huge main room stuffed full of gorgeous yarn, and then an even larger warehouse with yet more yarn...I think you could fit a 707 in it. They have an annual "tent sale" that attracts knitters from everywhere, with special sale yarn, books and equipment in the parking lot under tents, as well as the usual supply inside.

So despite the fact that I was in yarn nirvana last weekend from going to the New Hampshire Sheep & Wool Festival with my daughters and reveling in all the gorgeous wool, silk, alpaca, bamboo and cotton yarn there, I'm definitely ready for more yarn!

In case you're a knitter (or even if you're not) and curious about WEBS, you can check out their website here. Yes,the fact that their website URL is yarn dot com tells you just how big and how popular the store is.

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...yarn shopping!

No comments: