Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy Fourth of July!

I want to wish all my American friends and family a Happy Fourth of July. I'm looking forward to the fireworks tonight...in that respect, I've never grown up. ;-) But tonight there will be three generations watching the show together...my husband and me, our oldest daughter, and our two grandchildren. Everyone else is working or occupied elsewhere, which is unfortunate...but I guess someone has to "run things" while the rest of us are off partying!

Of course, there's always a chance the fireworks will be rained out. I just hope Mother Nature will hold off on *her* fireworks until we've finished with ours.

Sometime this month we'll officially become "empty nesters." Our younger daughter moved out last month, and our son is moving out this month. In general, we're looking forward to it--the privacy, the quiet, the reasonable hot water and electricity consumption. ;-) But, I know I'll miss being a daily part of their lives. How many of you are empty nesters now? How have you dealt with it? Any tips to pass on?

Have a great holiday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz. Maybe it will work this time. Kay

Elizabeth Delisi said...

Woo hoo! I'm glad we got it worked out, Kay. Thanks for hanging in there with me!

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz, I just read your May 30th blog about your bad luck spring. I hope Max is ok now? We had a leak under our sink, and while waiting for the plumber I checked the house next door because she's in N.Y. on vacation. Water was pouring out under her sink too! As keeper of the keys, I've supervised the clean-up at her house. What a mess! All her carpet was removed, stuff piled up all over. Ugh! But I'm so glad I found the leak when I did.
Kay T.

Elizabeth Delisi said...

Hi Kay, Max is doing better. Not back to normal, but he may never be, I guess. He'll be on 2-3 meds for life, but that's a fair trade for keeping him here. I'm sorry to hear about your plumbing difficulties! You see...something funny IS going on. Just too many calamities to be coincidental! Or so says paranoid Liz. ;-)