Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Okay, I've Had My Fill Of Snow...

Since I posted the last picture of our big snowstorm (which WAS big--for Western Kansas standards, anyway) we've had unrelenting cold weather, with many days in the single digits and many nights below zero. Our (dirt) road is a solid sheet of ice, as is our yard and every parking lot to every store and doctor's office in town. It's been beautiful...and as proof of that, I think I'll try my hand at posting a picture of a lovely picture Jack Frost painted on my office window a few days ago. But I'm ready for it to melt, so I can stop shuffling around like an old lady, afraid to fall and break a bone or three! Fortunately, the weather man predicts warmer temps for the next few days, so I hope that'll do the trick.

There sure has been a lot of weird weather all over the world this year. That awful tsunami...I hope you all have made a donation to tsunami relief?...then the avalanches, mudslides, etc. What the heck is going on? Somebody is asleep at the weather controls.

So what's going on, weather-wise or anything else you'd like to comment on, in your neck of the woods?

Liz

2 comments:

Kim Cox said...

It must be your year. Last year we had a lot of cold weather and snow, but this year has been pretty mild so far. They say we may be some on Saturday. Seems like they always call for it when I have to work. But guess that's better than having to work when I'm off, because the other worker can't get there when it snows, so they come get me.

Elizabeth Delisi said...

LOL, Kim! I guess that means...you want it to snow when it's YOUR day to work? ;-)

Liz