Friday, February 05, 2010

Friday Happies 2/5/10

My happiest event of the day today was meeting my husband for lunch. Friday is always my "grocery stock-up" day, and it's anything but fun. Plus, it delays when I can get my "real" work done by carving out the highest-energy portion of the day. And Dan, of course, is in the middle of yet another long workday. So we meet for lunch, and it gives us something to look forward to and a chance to debrief a little.

Today we went to Taco Bell. It's one of my favorites, because I'm a vegetarian. It's tough to eat at any fast-food restaurant if you're a vegetarian, in this burger-is-king culture. But at Taco Bell, I can order *anything* on the menu and just ask for beans instead of meat. Simple! And don't think they don't know it...I saw a sign up today reminding people that during Lent, they can get any item made without meat.

My second happy of the week was Groundhog Day. Now, I know that good old Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow, so that means six more weeks of winter. And I have to say, are you really surprised? At least in our neck of the woods, spring never comes this early.

But for many years, I've been a fan of the movie "Groundhog Day," with Bill Murray. I especially enjoy the scenes at Gobbler's Knob, when the groundhog is pulled out of his burrow and, with much pomp and circumstance, foretells six more weeks of winter.

So imagine my surprise when this year, I went to the Reuter's website to see what Phil had predicted, and found a video of the event. I viewed the video, and it's almost a carbon copy of the movie. I was so excited! I've watched it three or four times and now, I really have to watch the movie again.

Have you had any surprises or unexpected little tidbits of info about your favorite movies? Do share!

No comments: