Saturday, December 04, 2004

Tarot Cards and New Links

The two subjects are related today, because I added two new links to Tarot sites that I love perusing. The first, Aeclectic Tarot, has lots of fun stuff, but I especially enjoy their list of Tarot decks. They have hundreds listed, with a brief description of the deck and pictures of six cards from it. As anyone who's bought Tarot cards knows, they're sold in sealed packages, so you can't see what the cards look like, except the one or two illustrated on the box. And as anyone who's used Tarot cards know, you need a real affinity for a deck in order for it to work for you.

I have about twenty different Tarot decks--I collect them. Where else can you get 78 individual works of art for the price of a deck of cards? But there are a few standard decks I refer to again and again. If you want to check out my favorites, go to the Aeclectic site and view the cards from these decks:

Robin Wood Tarot
Nigel Jackson Tarot
Universal Waite Tarot

and I have lots more on my wish list! :-)

The other Tarot site listed in the links is Joan Bunning's superb online Tarot course, "Learning the Tarot." You can take the course online, or download it and work on it offline. She has a book out by the same name that's an invaluable resource, and I highly recommend it as a Christmas present to all the Tarot enthusiasts on your list. Nothing but years of practice can make you feel like an expert in Tarot, but if there's one course that will get you off to a great start, it's Joan's. Check it out!

I've developed the art of "one-card Tarot readings" in my alter-ego as Madame Liz. If you want to see what all the fuss is about, come to my next Madame Liz chat at 9 p.m. ET on Dec. 16 at NovelTalk (http://www.noveltalk.com). Hope to see you there!

Liz

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.